there are some questions we may ask as a we speculate about a sofa ontology:
- what does a sofa want to know?
- how does that sofa go about knowing?
- can we place into a metaphorical black box the questions that would speculate on a sofa’s self awareness?
- whence does a sofa derive its identity?
- what material is comprised to form the sofa? from what is it composed?
- what is the origin of said material?
- can said material degrade or decompose gracefully?
there are some questions we may ask about the companion species that the sofa uses to come into being:
- does a sofa require that the companion species endure certain trials of fitness?
- does the companion need to meet certain qualifications?
- can every member of the companion species participate?
- is there a set of knowledge in the ecosystem that would enable the companion species to self-organize and bring sofas into being?
- what are the minimal (or minimum) skills required of the companion species to afford the opportunity for sofas to come into being?
- can the knowledge and skills be contained in a single member of the companion species?
- will the companion species be allowed the opportunity to exist as an epiphyte to the sofa?
- is there a way to optimize the organization of the companion species so that many sofas come into being?
and back to questions about the sofa:
- are sofas social?
- is each sofa a selfish actor?
- does each sofa attract its composer and then rest?
- or does the ecology of sofas propagate multitudes?
November 3, 2015